Have you heard this name before? Do you know what actually Hernia is? Well, let us see in detail what exactly Hernia is. When part of your intestine or the tissue protrudes in the abdominal area through a weak spot, it is termed as a hernia. This extra protrusion is usually very painful. The pain increases especially when you hold heavy materials or when you cough or when you bend over. It is usually seen that people who are suffering from hernia are advised not to pick any kind of heavy materials nor are advised to take extra stress and involve in workouts that involve exhaustive bending. The reason is that this may prove very harmful and at times even deadly for a few patients.
In the allopathic world, surgeries are seen to be the most common option in treating the problem of hernia. But, very fewer people know that there exists Ayurvedic remedy for hernia too.
Where is the hernia actually found on the body? Or how can one locate he is suffering from a hernia?
There are certain specific regions where you can detect hernia and where it usually occurs. These spots are:
This is the most common region where maximum cases of hernia are detected. The protrusion or the bulge in this area is produced by the umbilical hernia.
The risk factors of this kind of hernia include being a female, being obese, having multiple deliveries, etc.
This hernia is one of the most common hernias in the female body. In this, a bulge is created right under the groin. You must take extra precautions because this bulge may rise from the groin to the scrotum. Who are the ones who may be at a higher risk of this kind of hernia? People who have lower birth weight or are premature, people who have someone suffering from this genetically, chain smokers as the chemicals which are present in tobacco lead to the weakening of tissues and thus increase the chances of hernia, people who suffer from a long term problem of constipation, etc. are likely at a higher risk of developing this hernia.
If you have undergone surgery of the abdomen then after this surgery you may develop hernia through the scar. This is usually termed as an incisional hernia.
The upper part of the stomach:
Under this, the upper part of the stomach pushes out of the abdominal cavity and into the chest with the help of a cavity in the diaphragm. People who are at a higher risk of developing this kind of hernia include majorly the people who have crossed the age of 50 years and are overweight and are suffering from obesity.
Well, not in all cases of hernia the patient will suffer from severe pain. Sometimes, the need for immediate medical attention is also not required but then this should not be ignored and left untreated. But, the question arises how will you find out that you are suffering from a hernia in the initial stage?
There are a lot of symptoms that can help you understand that you may be suffering from a hernia. Following are the symptoms:
1. A firm and tender swelling.
2. Problems like heartburn or acidity may be there in case you are suffering from hiatal hernia.
3. Vomiting and nausea are one of the major symptoms
4. If you see a bulge protruding out and this bulge is not able to be pushed back into the abdomen then this is a hernia and you shall get this checked.
5. You may suffer a feeling of pressure or weakness in the groin.
6. Swelling around your testicles may also be noticed.
7. Difficulty in passing gas and interruptions in proper bowel movements.
8. Sometimes, you may detect the symptoms late and the bulge of the hernia becomes dark in color or becomes purple and red in color; this is a sign of danger.
A lump usually on the side of the pubic bone is one of the major symptoms.
Once you have detected the symptoms it is necessary to get yourself examined. Hernia treatment in Ayurveda is a natural remedy that will help in healing the problem from the root in a completely natural and zero side effects manner.
Ayurveda prescribes medications that will help in treating the problem of hernia. Apart from these medications, Ayurveda also suggests certain changes in your routine like:
- Start consuming foods high in fiber. This will help in eliminating the problem of constant constipation.
- Healthy body weight is a must.
- Say a complete no to smoke and alcohol.
- Do not lift heavy items and bend rigorously as it puts a lot of pressure onto your abdomen.
- Drinking plenty of water and eliminating the consumption of aerated drinks.
- Taking water with your meals is strictly prohibited in Ayurveda.
- Consumption of uncooked meat, processed food like cakes, pastries, bread, canned foods, etc. shall be completely avoided.
There is a long set of guidelines provided by Ayurveda to help you prevent and also heal from the problem of hernia. The hernia package by Divya Upchar is a mix of natural ingredients like Trikatu, Ami, Vaividang, Ajwain, Shatavari, Ashwagandha, Cochem and much more.
It is one of the best Ayurvedic cure for a hernia. You can shop for the Hernia package from the website the link of which is: